Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Overlord by Max Hastings


This is a famous and well known story of breaking the Atlantic Wall. While not in a great deal of depth, he is trying to cover the entire invasion, Max Hastings shown the little stories not often discussed. It took me too long to read it with school going on.

While my interest were on the Commonwealth side of the lines, I was given a refresher on the American landings, one I did need. What I found most interesting is that this book has become the sources of further books and articles I wish to read. Studies that will show upon the gaming table and articles over the next year.

If you have not read this, take the time it is worthwhile. It covers the political and military side of the start of the invasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment