Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Operation Israel and the Falklands


I so want to read Hernan Dobry, the book, Operation Israel: The Rearming of Argentina During the Dictatorship 1976-1983 as I am a geek when it comes to this period of history. It connects two of my loves, anything to do with Israeli history and the Falklands War. Now my only problem is finding an English edition. Oh bother.

For those not familiar with this work it looks at the arms dealing and support offered to the Junta during the war, including support from Israel, Libya, Venezuela, Peru and Ecuador. Talk about some strange partners.

Right now I am working from reviews and news stories but it makes for some interesting reading. The publisher site is hard to navigate so I wait to hear from my alerts that the English edition has been released. My Spanish is to poor to get through it. Again, oh bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment