Tuesday, January 7, 2014

T-62s

I finished today two T-62s for my Egyptian forces.  While by design they were to be used for the 1973 conflict, but a quick Google search shows that these are not only still in use, but the Ukraine won the contract to renovate these antiques (a least they did before the Arab Spring).

The Khurasan Miniatures T-62 is on the right and the QRF to the left. I am very pleased with them both and I am unsure which I like better.

The Khurasan Miniatures has better detail but with inks and dry brushing the difference is minimal. If I were to do it again with the Khurasan tank I would have picked up some of the rare earth magnets as the gun it heavy on the resin turret. Also the tracks on the Khurasan T-62s have better detail compared to the QRF white metal treads.

It seems I can chose between them. This is a great addition and I look forward to seeing more from Khurasan Miniatures.

Do you have a preference?
Jon

1 comment:

  1. I like the Khurasan better. QRF minis bother me. I have a bunch of them but they never look quite right to me. I am not sure why.

    ReplyDelete